What are the requirements for getting married at Holy Family?
- One person within the couple should be a registered and active member of Holy Family Parish for at least six months.
- Completion of the marriage preparation program.
How much time is needed to prepare for the Sacrament of Marriage?
When can a wedding date be set?
- After the couple has completed the initial meeting of the marriage preparation program.
When does the marriage preparation program begin?
- The program begins with an introductory marriage preparation session. Engaged couples should attend the introductory marriage preparation session with pastoral associate Peggy Petersen as soon as they agree to marry. Contact her at 816-436-9200, ext. 24. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is involved in the marriage preparation program?
- Introductory marriage preparation class or initial consultation with pastoral associate Peggy Petersen.
- Completion of a pre-marital inventory, administered at the first meeting.
- Meetings with a married couple focusing on issues affecting marriage, or participation in an Engaged Encounter weekend.
- Additional sessions with Fr. Phil Egan.